THE SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role involves working in partnership with Workskills management, staff and
clients to provide high quality vocational services. The Employment Consultant will
provide case management to a diverse caseload of job seekers to help job seekers
with disability, injury or health condition to find and retain safe and sustainable
employment. The employment consultant will typically assist clients with job search,
job placement, post placement support and marketing the service and job seekers to
QUALIFICATIONS, KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE OUTCOMES/KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Having or working towards a relevant certificate IV (or Certificate III with 2 years relevant experience) within 12 months.
- Experience in the case management of people with disability or disadvantage and/or experience working with people with disability in other relevant contexts.
- Capacity to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities in relation to individual employment and/or training programs.
- Capacity to exercise substantial independent judgement within a framework of general supervision.
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team and contribute to team success.
- Ability to be outcome focused and achieve performance targets negotiated with management.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of computer skills.
- Current Driver's Licence.
- Experience working with the Employment Services System (ESS) database.
- A sound knowledge of services and programs available from Government organizations and disability service providers.
- Knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety processes.
REVIEW PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION
A 6 month probationary period, and a yearly Performance Development Review.